Saturday, May 12, 2012

Funking Out with George Clinton...and P-Funk! at the Cubby Bear 2012

Welcome 2 our World!

We Gon Turn this Mutha Out!!

BRaZil and FUNKTUSI, Aki Antonia thowing some P-Funk signs....

N2 the FUNK Zone.....
I should have known it was gon' be Cray when we started down Lake Shore Drive
with some serious Funkateers at the wheel... screaming & singing

Make My Funk the P-Funk!

I wants my Funk Uncut..

Make My Funk the P-Funk!

I wants 2 get Funked UP!!

I want the bomb!

I want the P-Funk!

I wants my Funk Uncut

Make My Funk the P-Funk!

I wants 2 get Funked UP!!


Some of my Cosmic musical buddies...
Flautist, Tiona.. and her hubby, Drummer, Tony Robinson
had invited me and a few other musicians 2 tribe up...
and go see G Clinton and P-Funk at The Cubby Bear
Honestly on a week night... I had mixed emotions...
Usually I hit the Bootsy, Clinton or P-Funk concerts when my fav FUnKATEeR
and FUNKADELIC artist, Pedro Bell can be at the spot..
And....plus...
I had 2 many other serious things 2 do so I was thinking about stayin' in....
I know what you're thinking...
A chance 2 see Funkadelic and George Clinton up close and...
Right there in your face with the sho nuff...FUNK !!??
What chu talking 'bout, Willis?
A Week night can be a Freak night...
Is U Crazy? Girl, U better GO!!

The Pre-game set...

We get N2 the Cubby Bear before the show in time 2 watch that Bulls game,

kick back and talk with a few band members,

share tech and video in the reception area and

see George Clinton

in Chi-town
in a suit
with new look....with a new vibe
a new professional crisp energy...
Every thangs was everythang... Folks were chillaxing....
in fact, it was so cooled out...
There was nobody in diapers...no multicolored hair..
So very laid back...
Clinton was in a suit... and tie... and a nice Black hat...
kinda funky... kinda Wall St...
I almost expected him 2 have a slight Funky British tone when he spoke....
And then
What had happened was...
I was running my mouth... watching the game...
I got up to charge my phone and tripped over the chord when I saw him..
Who?
This 6 foot tall+ something brother that literally blew me away
with his mimed out makeup and stagewear
BRAZIL was sitting watching the game and when he stood up...
I knew that Funkadelic was in the building...
SIR NOSE dips in...
Brazil and Chi-town Bassist, Lothario ... say Make My Funk...the P-FUNK!
WE WANT the FUNK!
FUNKADELIC says: C'mon BULLS!
George Clinton... had Nu energy and soooo much FUNK in this concert!!
George Clinton, Tiona and Aki Antonia talk about the music
and the FUNK they plan 2 play onstage!
Clinton says y'all hit on ATOMIC DOG! And we did! YEA!!
Flautist, Tiona shares a smile with George Clinton.
Unveiling The Mysteries of the BOP Gun!......
The Funky GRAIL!!
Chi-town P-Funkateers and Musicians at Cubby Bear!
As Stozo would say: Stay Tooned.. there's more 2 come!
All photos by Aki Antonia c2012
All rights Reserved.

No comments: