Saturday, June 11, 2016

Funkin' on 4-TREY…DNA Blues!

Over the  weekend of the Blues Fest in Chicago … 
I've been time traveling through some of my Blues memories…& flashbacks...

Flashbacks of 4-Trey (43rd St.)...
Tonight  I've been listening 2 some industrial 
Blues~Funk I played back in the day…
when I was jammin' with guitar player,  
Dale Williams …😎

We had been hanging out and playing with Dizz  
(Lefty Dizz) 
up at the original Checkerboard 
on 43rd St. 
(Muddy Waters Drive)
and we hadn't gotten our fill…


After playing with 

Dizz  
we were all upbeat and craZY...

So we stopped at my house...
I turned on my drum machine…  
and we kicked out some Chi -Town Blues grooves…
I was zooming on my Juno 60 synth..🎹🎹😎
and Dale was on his gee-tar….😎 
and we were gone…

There were a few Prince & Dizz riffs floating in there…
BUT it was really all about 
some serious Cosmic  CHICAGO Funk!

     ~♪♫•*¨*•¸¸*¸.•*¨*•♫♪  ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸*¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪~
We were playing some serious pocket! 
with some chords that were flying  around..
all Atonal and Free….♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
some of 'dat straight up  Chicago free Jazz~Funk...   
We were sprinkling in some SUN RA 'cause Dale used to play in RA's band...

and MOI… 
I was just kicking a flurry  of colors & grooves… 
A combination of techno FUNK  Rhythms and some industrial and indigenous 
Akisan TribaL  Funk!

And Once again we were…
Funkin' on the 4-TREY!
AA61216

No comments: